How many breaks ?

Section for fireworks fans that not speak italian language. You can ask information on Italian Festivals....and not only

Moderatori: Carlo, giosca

Rispondi
stutata 28
Pirovago Attivo
How many breaks ?

Messaggio da stutata 28 »

After interesting discussions in ristorante Fuochi last week I want to start this topic on Pirovagando .
First : what is the definition of a break ( uno sfondo ) ?

I was teached that for example a shell with 10 controbombe has 10 breaks . Following the Italian terms it isn't a multi-break shell .
But in between there are 10 spolettes .

Horas
Moderatore
Contatta:
Re: How many breaks ?

Messaggio da Horas »

Even if I don't understand very well, in my opion 10 controbombe is also a multi-break shell, but is invisible the "sfondo"...
Razzo... grinsmile

stutata 28
Pirovago Attivo

Another example : how many breaks ( = sfondi ) does this shell have : 4 salute bombettes ( = 4 botti ) + 2 times two intrecci + 2 controbombe + bottom-shot ( = controcolpo ) .

In my opinion each " controbomba " is one break ( = sfondo ) and is visible , after the first break ( = sfondo ) , the other 9 " controbombe " are continueing , after the second break the other 8 controbombe continue .

Horas
Moderatore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Horas »

stutata 28 ha scritto:Another example : how many breaks ( = sfondi ) does this shell have : 4 salute bombettes ( = 4 botti ) + 2 times two intrecci + 2 controbombe + bottom-shot ( = controcolpo ) .

In my opinion each " controbomba " is one break ( = sfondo ) and is visible , after the first break ( = sfondo ) , the other 9 " controbombe " are continueing , after the second break the other 8 controbombe continue .
Well, for the the first example there is only a break, because this is not very high shell.
Razzo... grinsmile

stutata 28
Pirovago Attivo

I would say in the first shell there are 3 breaks , in the first break 4 botti and 2 intrecci , the second and third break have each a controbomba .

Fuokista
Pirovago Senior

Messaggio da Fuokista »

The "SFONDO" or "SFONDI" are the parts that make a multi-break shells. For example, the bomb "20 riprese" can be composed by 5 sfondi, each sfondo with 4 riprese. Then, once the bomb out of the mortar, it opens (first "SFONDO") triggering the first 4 riprese (reports), with the last of which opens the second sfondo and so on....In a 10 controbombe we not talking of "SFONDI", 'cause it is the same explosion to give life to controbomba.

pyrofreaky
Nuovo Pirovago

Messaggio da pyrofreaky »

Thanks ossequi

So the second bombe da tiro from Di Candia in Adelfia; (1 * + 10 O) is called; 1 intreccio e 10 controbombe in 1 sfondo.

And the fermata from 'Stutata28'; '4 botti e 2 intrecci con 2 controbombe' is also called '4 botti e 2 intrecci e 2 controbombe in 1 sfondo'?

Fuokista
Pirovago Senior

Messaggio da Fuokista »

:smt023

stutata 28
Pirovago Attivo

Ciao Davide ,

In the U.S.A. a multi-break shell with ten bouquet shells ( bombe piena ) is called a shell with ten breaks .
Each bouquet shell has it's own burst . It can be a different terminology between Italy and the rest of the world .
Sfondo= Break ?

Horas
Moderatore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Horas »

Have you got a typical American cylindric shells?
Ultima modifica di Horas il mercoledì 26 novembre 2014, 16:11, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Razzo... grinsmile

Benzolift
Pirovago Attivo

Messaggio da Benzolift »

stutata 28 ha scritto:Ciao Davide ,

In the U.S.A. a multi-break shell with ten bouquet shells ( bombe piena ) is called a shell with ten breaks .
Each bouquet shell has it's own burst . It can be a different terminology between Italy and the rest of the world .
Sfondo= Break ?
I think that what you say is not completely accurate (but not entirely wrong),the misunderstanding stems from the fact that in Italian the term sfondo does not exist (indeed exists but it means background and has nothing to do with the pyrotechnics) the term sfondo is the verbal translation of the breakthrough of the burst charge on the wall of the shell when projecting other shells, the term sfondo is Italian grammatically incorrect,is a verbal association between the verb "break through" (sfondare), the material of the burst charge (material which causes the breakage of the shell), and the action taken, all derived from a simplification of dialect used in pyrotechnics Italian tradition ... In the example shown by you, would translate sfondo with burst.The case you described the term break refers exclusively to ten bouquet shells but bouquet shells like controbomba have no sfondo but spacco.In English language there are no specific terms to differentiate the two words.It must be said that the materials that compose the sfondo and the spacco are completely different.In the case of controbomba the "spacco" has almost the same function of the "sfondo" even if the construction methods, materials used, and the effects are very different, especially in cylindrical shells. The Italian language is sometimes more complicated than pyrotechnics ... I hope I have helped you and i do not have you confused ideas further.

P.S. I'm sorry for my not perfect English.

stutata 28
Pirovago Attivo

Grazie mille Benzolift for your explanation . Your English is very good , my compliments , my English also isn't perfect , we both do our best .

I understand your explanation , the Italian terminology is complicated sometimes , but it makes it also very interesting .

Will be continued .

Rispondi

Torna a “Fireworks events and various”